- In NTSE 2016 exam, a total of 975 students were declared qualified from across India in NTSE. NTSE examinations test logical and analytical skills of students and where the good understanding of the subject is needed.
- To appear in stage-2 examination, students have to qualify the stage-1 exam. Every year, almost 4000 students appear in Stage-II exam.
According to the NTSE Scholarship Programme, students will get scholarship of below-mentioned amount are at different stages of education-
- Scholarship of about Rs. 1250/- per month for class 11th to 12th.
- Scholarship of Rs. 2000/-per month for Undergraduates and Postgraduates students.
- The scholarship amount for Ph.D. students will be fixed in accordance with the UGC standards.
- 15% for Scheduled Caste (SC) category
- 5% for Scheduled Tribe (ST) category
- 3% for Physically Challenged (PH) group
For both Stage 1 and Stage 2, the paper comprises of 3 parts:
Part 1: Mental Ability Test (MAT), Part 2: language Test (LT), Part 3: Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Total 200 Questions of 1 Mark each; Time: 180 Minutes
- MAT: 50 Questions; 45 Minutes
- LT: 50 Questions; 45 Minutes
- SAT: 100 Questions; 90 Minutes
All students of Class 10th studying in recognized affiliated schools are eligible to appear for the Stage 1 Examination, conducted by the States/UTs in which school is located.
40% in each paper for General Category and 32% in each paper of SC, ST and PH Category.
Important dates for NTSE 2017:-
|Last Date for Submission of Forms:||To be notified by respective States (may vary from state to state)|
|Exam Date (Stage -1) [Few North East States]:||5th November 2016 (Saturday)|
|Exam Date (Stage -1) [Other States & UTs]:||6th November 2016 (Sunday)|
|Exam Date (Stage -1) [Bihar & West Bengal]:||13th November 2016 (Sunday)|
|Exam Date (Stage -2) [National Level]:||14th May 2017 (Sunday)|