Medical aspirants should gear up as the expected dates for NEET 2018 is out. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will release NEET Application Form 2018 in January on the official website, cbseneet.nic.in
Admissions which are based on NEET results will begin in deemed universities from July 10 and the results for the NEET are likely to be announced in the first week of June.
- NEET Exam 2018 (previously known as AIPMT) will be conducted on May 10, 2018
- CBSE will release NEET UG 2018 Online Application Form in January 2018, last week
- Closing of application fee payment facility will be in March 2018, first week
- Last date to apply for NEET application form will be in March 2018, first week
- Aadhaar card is a mandatory requirement for form submission, apart from being eligible for NEET exam
- Mobile number and email ID entered during registration must be candidate's own or their parents
Age Limit to apply for NEET 2018:The minimum age required is 17 years (for all category) and maximum age limit is relaxed 5 years for the SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PH candidates as per the government rule.
The age criteria for appearing in NEET (UG) 2018 is as follows:For candidates of Unreserved Category (UR) born on or between 06.05.1994 and 01.01.2002, 25 years as on December 31, 2018.
For candidates of SC/ST/OBC category born on or between 06.05.1989 and 01.01.2002, maximum of 30 years as on December 31, 2018.
How to calculate your age for application:You can calculate your age through online AGE CALCULATOR for NEET 2018. The age calculator gives your age as per your DOB and the date on which you want to calculate. Set the date December 31, 2018 for the date you want to calculate the age.
Maximum attempts for applying:Maximum of three attempts will be counted from NEET 2017 entrance test. If the student has appeared in NEET 2017 then his/her attempt is counted as one, prior to NEET 2017 entrance test attempts are not counted.
Nationality criteria required:
- NRI/ Foreign Students: A student from Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizen of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG) 2018
- Indian National: All the Indian Nationals are eligible to appear for NEET-UG 2018
Education qualification required:The minimum qualification should be 12th (Senior Secondary) pass from the state board or from the recognized University. The subject in Class 12 must be Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology or any other elective subject with English.
Students must have secured minimum 50 per cent marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45 per cent (for general PH) and 40per cent (for SC/ST/OBC categories)
NEET Exam 2017:The CBSE conducted the NEET on May 7, 2017 for admission into approximately 65,170 seats of MBBS and nearly 25,730 BDS courses. As per the information available on MCI and DCI websites, 470 medical colleges and 308 Dental colleges take part in the official admission process based on NEET results.
Out of the 10,90,085 students who appeared in NEET exam, 6,11,539 have passed the medical entrance examination which was held on May 7, 2017.